Posted by Allison
I have Family Tree Maker 2008
software, and I can't figure out how to print a basic family group sheet that includes all my facts. Can you help?A
For this answer, we'll turn to Family Tree Magazine
contributing editor Rick Crume, who reviewed Family Tree Maker 2008 in our March 2008 issue. Crume says "you need to tinker a lot with the settings" to get a decent family group sheet—but you can do it following these steps:
- Click on the link to the Publish workspace at the top of the screen.
- Use the mini-family tree at the top of the screen to select a parent in the family or click the file folder icon to search the Index of Individuals.
- Under Publication Types, select Relationship Reports and click on the Family Group Sheet.
- Click on the Detail tab.
- Click on the Items to Include button (with the green arrow).
- Hit the + button to add facts, click Select All and hit OK.
- Uncheck “Include only preferred facts” and “Include blank facts” and check OK. (Whew!)
Here’s a hint about pedigree charts: The default font size in four-generation charts is too large (10-point), so many place names get omitted. Reducing the font size for facts to 8 may help. (You could also remove “in” from the facts, but that process is even more convoluted.)
Wednesday, 12 December 2007 22:31:54 (GMT Standard Time, UTC+00:00)